Will Smith to Co-Star Christian Bale in Kathryn Bigelow’s ‘Triple Frontier’
August 19, 2010
Written by Dina
The ‘Hurt Locker’ director is reported wanting Smith to join the film’s cast ensemble which may include Javier Bardem and Sean Penn too.
Kathryn Bigelow is eying top-notch actors for her upcoming project. The Oscar-winning director has allegedly met Will Smith to talk about the possibility of him joining the cast of “Triple Frontier”, which may also have Christian Bale, Javier Bardem and Sean Penn among the line-up.
The report comes out after The Wrap claims to have obtained a detailed email about Paramount’s development slate. Beside “Triple Frontier”, other highlights on the document include the studio’s plan to pick up Jason Reitman’s comedy “Young Adult”, Stephen Sommers who could return to direct “G.I. Joe 2”, and untitled Star Trek sequel which is confirmed to be a go next year.
The email of Paramount’s slate, however, is not official. Paramount spokesman has told TheWrap, “This is not a Paramount document. It has some correct information and some inaccurrate information.”
“Triple Frontier” is set in the notorious border zone between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil where the Igazu and Parana rivers converge. While Kathryn Bigelow is attached to direct, Mark Boal is hired to pen the script.
- Kathryn Bigelow’s Drug-Parable Titled Sleeping Dogs; Filming to Start in Winter?
- Industry Roundup: Tom Hanks May Team With Kathryn Bigelow
- Sean Penn, Christian Bale Circle ‘The Last Photograph’ Along With Dark Castle
- Kinowelt Pre-bought Malick’s New Project
- Bale, Bardem, McAdams, Kurylenko In Terrence Malick’s Next
- Ben Affleck Replaces Christian Bale in Terrence Malick’s Next Film; Rachel Weisz Also Signs On
- Christian Bale And Javier Bardem Reportedly In Contention For ‘Dark Tower’ Lead
- John Hillcoat not directing THE REVENANT